Harmony OS (Development Code Ark) is a cross-platform operating system compatible with Android applications developed by Huawei in 2012. As of June 14, 2019, Huawei executives confirmed the existence of the new system and Huawei's global application for the "Harmony" trademark, and stated that it is mainly used for the Internet of Things and may not be developed into a mobile phone system. At the Huawei Developer Conference on August 9, 2019, Huawei Consumer Business CEO Yu Chengdong officially announced the release of its own operating system Harmony, the kernel is Linux kernel, Harmony microkernel and LiteOS. In the future, it will get rid of Linux kernel and LiteOS, only Harmony microkernel.
- On May 24, 2019, the website of the Trademark Office of the State Intellectual Property Office showed that Huawei had applied for the "Huawei HarmonyOS" trademark. According to Yu Chengdong, Huawei's self-developed system will debut in the fall of 2019 at the earliest and in the spring of 2020 at the latest.
- A picture of a suspected invitation letter on May 26, 2019 shows that Huawei HarmonyOS may be officially released on June 24, and there are rumors that the first show of HarmonyOS is Mate X. There has been news that this phone will debut in June. . However, it was later officially confirmed that this news was not true.
- On June 7, 2019, the Global Times cited sources as saying that Huawei’s new operating system may be launched in August or September.
- On June 8, 2019, according to foreign media reports, Huawei has applied for the registration of the "Harmony" and "Hongmeng" trademarks in many places around the world.
- In July 2019, Chen Lifang, President of Huawei's Public and Government Affairs Department, clarified that HarmonyOS is used in industrial systems and not designed for mobile phone operating systems.
- On August 9, 2019, at the Huawei Developer Conference, Huawei Consumer Business CEO Yu Chengdong officially released a microkernel-based full-scene distributed HarmonyOS operating system. HarmonyOS will be the first to be applied to smart terminals such as smart watches, smart screens, in-vehicle devices, and smart speakers. Yu Chengdong said that if the Google Android system is not open to Huawei, HarmonyOS will be enabled on his mobile phone at any time.
- On August 10, 2019, the first product "Honor Smart Screen" equipped with HarmonyOS was released.
- On April 22, 2020, Huawei Ren Zhengfei said: It may take a long time for Huawei's operating system to surpass Android and Apple's operating systems, but it will not exceed 300 years.
- On September 10, 2020, at the Huawei Developer Conference 2020 (HDC.Together), Huawei Yu Chengdong released the HarmonyOS 2.0 version and announced that HarmonyOS will be officially open source; at the meeting, Huawei announced plans to fully upgrade Huawei smartphones to support Harmony OS 2.0 in 2021. , All Huawei self-developed equipment can be upgraded to HarmonyOS, and Huawei will also release smartphones equipped with HarmonyOS.
- On December 16, 2020, Huawei released the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile phone developer Beta version.
- Starting from April 2021, Huawei's mobile phone operating system has been upgraded to HarmonyOS.
- On June 2, 2021, Huawei held an online press conference to officially release the HarmonyOS operating system.
HarmonyOS is an operating system released by Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. at the 2020 Huawei Developer Conference on September 10, 2020. It is suitable for some mobile phones, cars, smart TVs and other devices.
HarmonyOS 2.0 brings more traffic entrances to applications and a better interconnection experience for devices. The system realizes hardware mutual assistance and resource sharing; at the same time, the system can also realize one-time development, multi-terminal deployment and unified OS, flexible deployment, and the system also has a greater improvement in security and privacy.
On December 16, 2020, Huawei held a Beta event for HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile phone developers, officially released the Beta version of HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile phone developers, and opened a public beta recruitment online at the same time.
In May 2021, the media reported that Huawei began to push Harmony OS 2.0 on a large scale as early as June. On June 2, Huawei held a new product launch conference and officially announced the official release of the HarmonyOS operating system. On the evening of June 2, 2021, Huawei announced that it will gradually push to upgrade HarmonyOS 2 to smart terminal devices such as Huawei mobile phones, tablets, and smart screens. HarmonyOS 2 has fully supported the Union's unified push standards and related specifications, which can effectively reduce the cost of developers developing on HarmonyOS 2.
HarmonyOS also carries the dream of technological innovation and great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation. She not only achieves technological independence, but also shoulders the burden of breaking out of the US imperialist encirclement and blockade of Chinese science and technology.